Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Trouble seems to follow me

I was working my rest day yesterday as one of the smaller stations on the group. The last time I worked at this particular station was about 6 weeks ago, when I had the unpleasant meeting with a young woman who thought the world revolved around her (her exact words), she refused to purchase a ticket, verbally abused and threatened me, and basically acted like the spoilt brat she was brought up to be.

Lucky me, she was back again last night with one of her equally chav-like friends. Her friend touched in with her Oyster only for Queen Chav to double gate. As it was so blatant I called her back from the gateline, only to be ignored. I then followed her to the stairs and told her to come back and purchase a ticket. Obviously she didn't want to do that, so she started verbally abusing me, threatening me, etc etc. Eventually she realised I wasn't going to back down (I threatened to stop the train until the BTP arrived) and she returned to the gate line and exited the station. As she did so, she turned around and threw her full bottle of water all over me. Whilst technically that was an assault, with the heat it was very refreshing so I thanked her; much to her disgust.

7 comments:

Station Supervisor said...

Did you EIRF it and get a crime number.

yorkshiregoth said...

yes, I did, but I don't expect nothing to come of it.

David said...

Always try and smile sweetly when passengers abuse you; it really upsets them.

Anonymous said...

When are station staff / CSAs going to be issued with Taser guns ? :) :) :)

Girl on A Train said...

Hahah! Good for you for not letting her get away with it. I bet she felt really small and humiliated -

we in the mix said...

hey, i googled 'trouble follows me' and found your blog, i'm new to the whole blogging thing.. checkout my blog (insight to my life)

Anonymous said...

thank you nice sharing
cep programsymbian programnokia programhtml kodlarıbedava cep oyunlarıcilt bakımı