Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Stage 2

After been released from the hospital ward for the past 10 days I have been re-admitted yesterday for the second induction phase of the chemotherapy treatment. I am in a different ward to last time and so far this ward (D7) seems to be more organised and regimental but less friendly. I had to sign a waver upon arrival with regards to my personal belongings which I didn't have to do in the Weston Ward. There are numerous signs up in this ward saying that one is not allowed to enter this room or that room at certain times etc, again something that wasn't present in the Weston Ward.

The Weston Ward also had laundry facilities so I was able to wash and dry my own clothes, whereas on D7 they don't have that option so the Mrs will have to take my dirty clothes home and wash them for me.

The first chemotherapy for stage 2 induction I have been told will be administered later on today as well as my second intra-thecal dose of chemo. After my first IT chemotherapy I had really bad headaches for a week so hopefully that won't happen this time. Also suffering from what they call Peripheral Neuropathy which is basically numbness and pins and needles in my fingertips. Makes it a bit awkward to type, hold a pen, do up buttons etc, but this is a common side effect from the chemotherapy drugs.

I am still in a bay room so have to listen to my neighbours snore etc. Although they have said I should be transferred to a side room soon.

No comments: