Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Almost there

Coming to the end of the third cycle of chemotherapy. Had a few complications one of which necessitated a day trip to Western Eye Hospital where they said that the most probable cause of my eye problem was leukaemia cells pushing my eyeball down. Thankfully, it seems that wasn't the case. The doctors aren't sure what the problem was but it has healed up so no worries there. I also had some kind of reaction to one of the chemotherapy drugs called L'asparaginase which is injected into your butt. Very painful injection and I had difficulty walking and getting around for a few days but that problem is getting better.

Now it seems the doctors are just monitoring my blood etc and I hope to be going home for a couple of weeks in the not too distant future.

No comments: