Monday, May 20, 2013

Chemo tomorrow

I have my next dose of intra-thecal chemotherapy tomorrow at Hammersmith hospital. If things go to plan, I will drop my two youngest kids off at school and then make my way to the hospital. The procedure only takes about 30 minutes, but it always take at least 6 or 7 hours waiting around for the pharmacy (which is now a private company) to dispense the Cytarabine and another long length of time for a qualified doctor to administer the chemotherapy. After it has been done I have to lie flat for at least two hours to try and prevent headaches and back ache. I am currently at work until 23:00 hours tonight so I should hopefully get home around midnight. It's pretty quiet at work which is unusual for a Monday evening peak rush hours so fingers crossed it stays that way.

No comments: